2008=60 TOUR
SCOOTER CYCLE DIARIES
 














DAY 3
Today is a short day so me and “scoot” got a late start. We said our goodbyes at the Richland
City Hall and blew out of town at 8:30 looking for unmarked highways. They where hard to
find but we found a few and they where not really unmarked, just the markings had worn off
over the years. The marked roads ran from just pine trees to some nice pasture land. Rode
through several small towns with town hall in the square and lots of empty buildings
surrounding it.


There was not much interaction with locals today as I saw nothing interesting enough to turn
me off the highway. I did stop and enquirer to these two gentlemen as to what they where
doing. Not real talkative, but they said they had just laid the new track and they where
measuring the distance between it and the parallel track. I guess I would not have talked much
knowing that I had miles and miles of track to walk.


Almost to my destination of Manchester, Ga I passed this cemetery with the Confederate flags.
Whipped an U and went back to investigate. The cemetery was very neat and trimed with
many interesting head stones of civil war era. One was broken and I could not read all of it.
The first line was something about volunteers but the second line read:
                          ALLAN MCWOMBLE
                           SEPT 9 1830
                            OCT 7 1962
“he done for all his country any man could could do”


Rolled in to Manchester just after high noon. I will now wash “scot”, the clothes that the birds
hit and we will be back on the road Sunday